Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Destination Celestial Kingdom


Can I just have a poster of this? Doesn't this just make you happy? I can almost see the Celestial happiness shining already. (: This makes me think of a really important theme we had back home in Indiana. The Young Women's President in my stake brought this theme to us from her family. It was "Destination Celestial Kingdom". DCK. That's all I want in my life. BYU has only reassured and strengthened that desire that I have. Like President Uchtdorf said,
"You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almighty God. Happily ever after is not something only found in fairytales. You are princesses, destined to become queens. Your own wondrous story has already begun. Your 'once upon a time' is now."
 I want that Celestial glory. I want to live with my Heavenly Father and to live like Him. I found my "To-Be List" that Sister Starnes had us make back at home that goes along with this theme. Sunday, August 14th, 2011 was the day I created this list. I want to work on these values every day. This is what my list reads:


  • Christ-like
  • True
  • Pure
  • Virtuous
  • Patient
  • Inspired
  • Hard-working
  • Inspiring
  • Someone God can rely on
  • Charitable
  • Honest
  • Faithful
  • Lovely
  • Praiseworthy
  • Lighthearted
  • Responsible
  • Loving
  • Service-oriented
  • Temple worthy
  • Funny
  • Forgiving
  • Repentant
  • Confident
  • Meek
  • Humble
  • Nurturing
  • Understanding
  • Worthy of my ministering angels
  • Satan hates when I get up in the morning
  • Strong
  • Focused
  • Progressive
  • Missionary
  • Shining
  • Always a witness
  • Worthy of the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom
Am I what I want to be?
Am I closer to the Savior today than I was yesterday?
Will I be closer yet tomorrow?
Do I have the courage to change for the better?

I know that the best is yet to come.
And with how amazing my life is right now... I can hardly wait to see what's in store.

2 comments:

Kyle Stumpf said...

Hi Brittany. Kami Starnes is my sister in law and I am so truly blessed to know her and I can tell she touched your life in a positive way also. This family is just amazing and their motto carries such power for the journey matters; Heavenly Father wants each of us to return home and it is our duty to help each other get there. I appreciate your testimony. DCK is moving forward in leaps and bounds; be sure to check out their new Facebook page: www.facebook.com/destinationck.com

Kyle Stumpf said...

Brittany, I couldn't remember my google information so I signed on using my husband's account (Kyle). My apologies for any confusion. Kind regards, Shelly Stumpf.